Rail and Intermodal Transportation Summer Youth Program, 2017
This high school program, a collaboration by Michigan Tech’s Rail Transportation Program and the Transportation and Logistics Management Program at University of Wisconsin–Superior, investigates rail and intermodal transportation.
• Learn about and ride trains—the green transportation alternative.
• Find out why trucks, ships, and trains are so important to our economy.
• Learn about advancements in railroad technology, like alternative fuels and advanced train control systems.
• Enjoy technical tours to rail and intermodal facilities in Marquette and Duluth.
• Work in teams to complete group projects.
• Experience college life on two campuses—stay in a residence hall, explore campus, and meet others with similar backgrounds and interests.
• Enjoy Michigan’s Keweenaw Peninsula and the shores of Lake Superior.